Thursday, April 1, 2010

Holy Candles, Batman!

I have (another) new obsession.  Candles.  Well I have always loved candles and having yummy ones burning in the house that reflect the season, my mood, etc.  However, I've come across a new company that I'm simply in love with.  I used to think Yankee Candle was the end all, be all of candles.  Ohhhhhhh was I wrong!

I'm pretty active on YouTube in the makeup/beauty community and several girls on there started raving about a candle company called Candles By Victoria about 9 months ago.  I went to her website and was completely blown away and overwhelmed at the same time.  At the time, she had over 500 scents and I didn't even know where to begin!!  Anyway, to make a long story short.....I placed an order with her and was completely thrilled with the scents I got, her customer service, the fast shipping and great packaging.....and THE BEST PART.....her candles are TRIPLE scented, so they have a ridiculous scent throw and last so much longer than said Yankee company!  They are truly fabulous!  Nine months later, I'm getting ready to place my 4th order.  She now has 570 scents and I have found through trying about 60 scents so far that her Blueberry Cobbler is my absolute favorite!  I cannot get enough of this heavenly scent!  I wish there was a body lotion to go with this because I'd love to smell like this all day long!  She has these cute little things called "Scent Shots" that are basically 2 oz tarts that you can melt in a tart warmer.  I love to get these when I'm not sure if I will like a fragrance to "try it out" before committing to a larger candle.  They are only $1.95 and I can get about 5-7 days of melting these for 12 hours or so out of each one.  A great value, if you ask me!  Where was I going with this???  Oh yeah....I got Blueberry Cobbler in my last order as a scent shot and have GOT to get it in the largest candle possible with this next order!  It's pure heaven!  The other nice thing about her scent shots is that you can cut them in halves or quarters and then mix and match with other scents to create your own combos.  Victoria then offers a "Create Your Own Scent" candle where she will mix any 2 scents you want together and you get to name it and pick the color.  I could go on and on about these candles forever......  Can you tell?

Here are some pictures of my last order
Some of my favorite scents that I have tried so far are:
Blueberry Cobbler (of course)
Raspberry Guava (her raspberry scents are so dead on for a juicy raspberry...not fake at all)
Apricot Crumb Cake
Cherry Fizzy Pop (smells JUST LIKE Cherry 7UP....carbonation and all)
Maui Luau
Vanilla Grapefruit
Orange Vanilla (just like a dreamsickle)
Blueberry Cheesecake

Also, I've become an active member on her message boards and the girls on there are so helpful about reviewing scents and helping you to decide what to get!

Oh!  And Victoria also includes a random free scent shot with EVERY order.  This is a great way to try different scents and I've found a few that I love by getting a free scent shot of it.  Just go check her out....Candles By Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Why do you do this to me?! Do they have one like Pink Sugar? Now I have to go check out her site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete