Monday, February 7, 2011

Apples and oranges

How far along? 15 weeks (on Tuesday)

Due Date: August 2, 2011


Total weight gain/loss: 2 pounds

Maternity clothes? Just 1 pair of Gap maternity jeans and a few maternity tops, but mostly regular comfy pants and my regular shirts still work.

Stretch Marks? Nada **crossing fingers it stays this way**

Sleep: The same.  Blah!  Tossing and turning every few hours and peeing about 3-5 times per night.  Now my sleep is also interrupted at 2 am when my lovely alarm goes off to tell me to eat a protein bar or some peanut butter to keep my blood sugar up.  Oh joy!

Best moment this week: Having my doctor's appointment on Thursday and finding out that my cervical length is perfect and long and all the cramping I've been feeling hasn't been doing anything to shorten it!  YIPPEE!  I also got to make our appointment for our big anatomy ultrasound (and if this little one cooperates, we'll find out the gender too) on March 7th!

Movement: Nothing yet, although it's still a little early.  I'm hoping to feel something by 20 weeks.

Food cravings:  FOOD in general and it varies day to day.  Lately it's been corndogs and guacamole.  (Not together -- I'm pregnant, not crazy). 

Food aversions: The dreaded CHICKEN.  I may never look at it the same.
  
Gender: Hopefully we'll know on March 7th at 8:30 am.

Labor Signs: none

Belly Button in or out? Innie.
What I miss: Sleeping soundly at night.

What I am looking forward to: Our big ultrasound on March 7th.


Milestones:  Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby's legs now outmeasure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably still can't feel the movements. Your baby is approximately the size of an apple or an orange.

For those who have been inquiring about the infamous "baby bump" pix, here's a little comparison for you.


1 comment: