Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sweet Viability a.k.a. 24 weeks

How far along? 24 weeks (and 1 day)       

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 10 pounds...yikes double digits!

Maternity clothes? Yep, mostly everything except a few comfy pants, sweatshirts and longer shirts still work.

Stretch Marks? Nada...keep working for me, Bio Oil!

Sleep: I'm still waking up several times a night to change positions, and of course there are the 1-3 bathroom trips every night.  I guess I'll probably just never sleep the same.  Maybe this is getting me ready for how motherhood will be.

Best moment this week: My glorious prenatal massage this afternoon!  It was pure heaven.  Although I could've done without all the idle chit chat from the lady massaging me.

Movement: She's crazy, especially in the late afternoon and when I lay down for bed at night on my side.  She's a late riser, so maybe she'll fit right into this family's lifestyle.  :)  (Wishful thinking)

Food cravings: Nothing special this week.

Food aversions: CHICKEN!  (Will I ever look at you the same?)
  
Gender: Girl (at least I hope she still is or I'm gonna have to start returning some things) 

Labor Signs: I'm still having a few random contractions here and there, but nothing painful or regular.  I did get a prescription for Procardia this past weekend after having a few hours of way too many contractions last Friday, but ever since I got it filled, I've had less contractions than before and haven't needed to take any of it.  Oh well, I guess that's better than having to take meds, right?

Belly Button in or out? Innie, although it's getting a lot more shallow and I'm wondering if it will eventually get flat.  The top of it is getting stretched a lot though and it itches all the time!

What I miss: Sleeping on my back without feeling a little paranoid and being able to shave my legs and tie my shoes comfortably.

What I am looking forward to:Being off for the next several days and shopping with my sis tomorrow in Indy.  We don't get nearly as much girl time together as we used to and I love every minute of it!
  
Milestones: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound (most OB resources I've read at work say 630 grams, which is about 1 pound 6 ounces). Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

1 comment: