Tuesday, January 4, 2011

10 weeks

How far along? 10 weeks

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: +4 pounds thanks to the holidays.  I had been up 5 pounds, but thankfully I'm starting to get rid of some of that now.

Maternity clothes? Not yet, although I did break down the other day and order 1 pair of maternity jeans from Old Navy.  I'm waiting for those to come in the mail.  Everything still fits fine and I can still button my jeans, they're just not comfortable across my tummy anymore.

Stretch Marks? Not yet, and hopefully they stay away!

Sleep: I'm more exhausted than I've ever been in my life!  A month ago I was sleeping really well, but now I wake up a million times a night to pee, readjust pillows, switch sides, etc.  I ordered a Leachco Back and Body pillow from amazon.com this week and I'm hoping it helps with all my readjusting during the night.  I can still sleep 10-12 hours at night, take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon and be ready for bed at 9 pm again.

Best moment this week: Last Thursday, Matt and I got to hear the heartbeat of our baby for the first time with a doppler.  We also had another ultrasound and it was amazing to see how much our little one had changed in 2 1/2 weeks.  Our baby now actually looks like a little baby and even waved his/her arm up like he/she was saying "hi mom and dad" during our ultrasound!  It was pretty awesome!

Movement: It's definitely too early for this, but I found out at my ultrasound on Thursday that it looks like I have an anterior placenta (meaning the placenta is on the front of my uterus).  Generally, people with an anterior placenta feel less fetal movement because the placenta cushions some of the sensation.  This made me a little sad because now I think it will be even longer until I feel our little one move around in there.

Food cravings: It varies a lot from day to day.  Some days I only want one thing and then a few days later that same food will make me super nauseous to even think about it.

Food aversions: CHICKEN!!!  Well, meat in general, but especially chicken.
  
Gender: unknown

Labor Signs: none

Belly Button in or out? Innie.  I have a pretty deep belly button, so I doubt it will ever pop out.

What I miss: Feeling "normal."  I miss having energy to do things and the almost every day nausea is not a fun time either.

What I am looking forward to: Entering my 2nd trimester in 4 weeks!
  
Milestones: Today our baby is officially a FETUS!  He/she is swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm.  Vital organs - including the kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver are in place and starting to function.  Tiny nails are forming on the fingers and toes and peach-fuzz hair is beginning to grow on the skin.  Our baby's limbs can bend now and the outline of the spine is clearly visible.  From crown to rump (not including the legs) our little baby is about 1 1/4 inches long.  Grow baby grow!

2 comments:

  1. My placenta was like that with bennett. It was about 18-19 weeks before I really felt him kick and move. But after that he was a crazy man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before long you are going to be like "WHAT IS THIS BABY DOING IN THERE?" :) It will be over before you know it and nausea will be only a memory. I miss those days, well...not the nausea AT ALL or the hartburn...But it's so rewarding :) (Don't read my current Facebook status about a non-sleeping baby though...)

    ReplyDelete