Monday, January 3, 2011

Coming August 2, 2011

Matt and I finally announced to our families that we are expecting Baby #1.  It was quite the Christmas surprise for everyone.  All of our families were overjoyed...Matt's mom was even brought to tears when we shared the news.  My Grandma Games was thrilled with the news, but there was an added bonus for her.  My grandpa had just passed away when we shared the news with her, and I happen to be due on his birthday.  I know my grandpa is smiling in Heaven knowing this little baby is on his/her way and is watching over us.

So far, this pregnancy has been interesting, to say the least.  My biggest challenges have been extreme exhaustion and nausea.  I've never been so tired in all my life!  I could easily sleep 10-12 hours at night, take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon and still be ready for bed by 9 pm.  I can't wait to get my energy back!  Also, nausea has been kicking my butt!  Luckily I've only thrown up twice, but the nausea is almost worse.  Oddly enough, I usually feel fine in the mornings, but by afternoon I start to feel queasy and by evening I can't stand the thought of food usually.  I also have odd cravings that change almost daily.  I was on a huge mashed potatoes and gravy kick for a few days and now the thought of that makes me want to hurl.  Hopefully the next 4 weeks go by quickly and I start feeling more like myself soon!

2 comments:

  1. I hope my comment doesn't make you HURL buuut - I had a huge mashed tater and gravy craving for ever. Brian went to KFC more times than he'd like to admit - one time in the middle of the super bowl!!!

    ReplyDelete