Wednesday, March 2, 2011

18 weeks





Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 
18 Weeks (and 1 day)

Size of baby: 
My little one is about 5 1/2 inches from head to rump and weights almost 7 ounces.  That's about the size of a sweet potato or a bell pepper.  Grow, baby grow!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + or -
I have gained 5 pounds so far.

Maternity Clothes: 
Almost all of my pants are maternity, including some maternity yoga pants.  I've found my pre-pregnancy comfy pants are just too tight across my belly now.  I'm still wearing a lot of my pre-pregnancy shirts, but they are getting a little short.
Gender: 
We find out on Friday and I couldn't be more excited (and anxious)!  I'm very curious to see if there is a boy or a girl in there, but I'm even more curious whether everything is normal with our baby.  Unfortunately, I work around women that have all kinds of things go wrong with their pregnancies and their anatomy of their babies, which makes your brain just crazy with all this information.  I praying HARD that everything is perfect with our little sweet potato on Friday.

Movement: 
I believe I felt this little one "thump" me for the first time this past Sunday night while I was lying in bed at night.  There were several thumps towards the back of my uterus, not the front.  I've never felt anything like it and I felt it again on Monday night while trying to go to sleep.  It was very strange and not at all what I imagined it would feel like, but it was very cool at the same time.

Sleep: 
Not too terrible, aside from still getting up at least 1-3 times to pee at night.

What I miss: 
My energy and stamina and being able to go out and have a drink with the girls after a stressful day at work.
Cravings: 
Pretty much anything at this point.  I still can't do chicken at all, but everything else is on the table.

Symptoms: 
It's pretty uncomfortable to lean forward while sitting or to bend over.  Other than that, I'm feeling a lot more like myself.

Best Moment this week:  
Feeling those little thumps inside, of course!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad you have felt movement! Its so surreal and cool at the same time. It makes it more real!

    ReplyDelete