Tuesday, March 22, 2011

21 weeks



How far along? 21 weeks

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 8 pounds

Maternity clothes? Yep, mostly everything except a few comfy pants, sweatshirts and longer shirts still work.

Stretch Marks? Nothing yet....hope it stays this way.  I've been using Bio Oil twice a day on my belly and chest at the advice of my sweet little friend, Hadleigh, who had 37 week twins and not ONE stretch mark!

Sleep: I'm still waking up several times a night to change positions, and of course there are the 1-3 bathroom trips every night.  I guess I'll probably just never sleep the same.  Maybe this is getting me ready for how motherhood will be.

Best moment this week: March Madness officially started this past week and another year of entertaining and cooking went by without a hitch.  It's always so fun to hang out with everyone, eat good food, and the weather was pretty good.  My bracket went to hell in a handbasket pretty quickly though this year.  :(  All in all, I wouldn't trade this time of year in our house for anything.

Movement: Oh yes!!  When this little girl gets going, she is out of control!  I can't imagine how uncomfortable it will be when she's bigger.  Right now I just enjoy her crazy movements.  And now you can even feel the jabs from the outside.  Still trying to get the timing right for Matt to feel it. 

Food cravings: As gross as it sounds, I've had a thing for Ramen noodles lately.  Don't judge me...

Food aversions: CHICKEN!
  
Gender: Girl (at least I hope she still is or I'm gonna have to start returning some things) 

Labor Signs: Nada

Belly Button in or out? Innie

What I miss: Sleeping soundly through the night and having a drink with friends after work.

What I am looking forward to: Only 3 more weeks til viability!!!!!
  
Milestones: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well and she has her lifetime supply of eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment