Wednesday, June 22, 2011

34 weeks

How far along? 34 weeks (and 1 day)

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 20 pounds...oh sweet Lord!!  I'm getting dangerously close to my goal weight gain of 25 pounds.  I don't like that. 

Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything at this point and I may never return to regular pants since maternity pants are so comfortable!

Stretch Marks? Nada.

Sleep:  Not too bad...only getting up 2-3 times per night these days.  I am sleeping for about 3 hour stretches, which seems amazing. 

Best moment this week:  I've been really productive and getting lots of things done in the baby's room and around the house.  It feels good to be getting things together and in order, but I'm still not ready for her to come yet!
Movement: I don't feel as many "kicking" movements now, but more pushing and stretching from both her head and limbs.  She's still breech and I have my 1st acupuncture treatment tomorrow morning to hopefully help her turn to vertex.

Food cravings: Fresh fruit and McDonald's french fries.  Great combo, right?

Food aversions: Chicken and eggs
  
Gender: Girl (if not, this little boy is gonna have one brightly colored room and a lot of dresses to wear)

Labor Signs:  Nothing new to report.  Still contracting a lot during the day, but nothing new.  Still taking Procardia 3-5 times per day.
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting so much more flat. 

What I miss: Walking without waddling AND without my feet swelling.  New development this week....super cankles.  YIKES!

What I am looking forward to: My Pottery Barn piece will be delivered next Wednesday and then I feel like I can really get the nursery together.  My glider and ottoman should be here in the next few days also.  It WILL come together!
  
Milestones: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment