Tuesday, June 28, 2011

5 weeks to go!

How far along? 35 weeks

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 24 pounds....a FOUR pound weight gain this week????  WTF?!?!  I haven't changed my eating at all and have been so busy and active.  I blame this on swelling, but I DON'T like it one bit!

Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything at this point and I may never return to regular pants since maternity pants are so comfortable!

Stretch Marks? There is one little spot on my right hip that I can't tell if it's a stretch mark in the making or not.  Other than that, none.

Sleep:  Not too bad...only getting up 2-3 times per night these days.  I am sleeping for about 3 hour stretches, which seems amazing. 

Best moment this week:  Definitely the acupuncture I had done last Thursday.  It was HEAVEN!  Best thing I've ever done for myself in my life!  I started going last week to try to get this baby girl to turn....yes she's still breech.  No luck after the 1st treatment, so I go back again today and Thursday this week.
Movement: She's always very active, but she's been even more active since my acupuncture session last week.  She will get her head all the way to eat side of my belly, but so far, no flip-a-roo.  Stubborn girl!

Food cravings: Seafood and pretty much anything that doesn't aggravate my heartburn.

Food aversions: Chicken and eggs
  
Gender: Girl (if not, this little boy is gonna have one brightly colored room and a lot of dresses to wear)

Labor Signs:  Nothing new to report.  Still contracting a lot during the day, but nothing new.  Still taking Procardia 3-5 times per day, but this is my last week for that.  I'll stop the Procardia at 36 weeks.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting pretty flat.

What I miss: Feeling "not swollen."  The swelling has really kicked into high gear this week.  Mostly my feet, ankles and legs, but it's super annoying and uncomfortable.  My maternity jeans started to feel tight in the legs today and I don't approve!

What I am looking forward to: My Pottery Barn piece will be delivered tomorrow, my acupuncture today and Thursday, my doctor's appointment on Thursday, my pregnancy photo shoot on Thursday and my massage on Friday.  Guess it's a bit of a busy, but pampered, week. 
  
Milestones: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment