Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oh, my little jicama. (32 weeks!!!!)

How far along? 32 weeks

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 18 pounds...eeek!  Better lay off the salt and fast food!


Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything at this point and I may never return to regular pants since maternity pants are so comfortable!

Stretch Marks? Nada...I adore my BioOil!

Sleep:  Not too bad...only getting up 2-3 times per night these days.  I am sleeping for about 3 hour stretches, which seems amazing. 

Best moment this week:  I had my first baby shower this past weekend and it was really fun!  Baby Girl got so many nice things and it was nice to get together with family and friends that I don't get to see all that often.  In other news, I finally decided on a crib last night and purchased it!  This was such a relief!  After stressing about a crib that met all of my "requirements" for the last few months, I feel like the "right one" just fell into my lap.  All my crib shopping/stress was complicated by a few obstacles over the last few months.  First, one custom furniture company went out of business, which sent me back to the drawing board on a crib.  Then after more stress and searching, I settled on a crib I didn't love and didn't meet all my "requirements," but would do.  When I went online a few days ago, I found this crib had been discontinued, which started my process all over again.....for the THIRD TIME!!  I am so glad it's finally over!  Now just to get that crib in my house....
 
Here is the stock picture of the purchased crib.  It's the Vista from Sorelle in French White.
Movement: Still lots of movement.  My doctor agreed with me that she thought she had turned head down last week, but I still haven't had an ultrasound to confirm this, so I'm still a tad nervous that she's still breech.

Food cravings: Salads and fruit this week.  What?!?!  Where did these healthy cravings come from?

Food aversions: Chicken and eggs
  
Gender: Girl (if not, this little boy is gonna have one brightly colored room and a lot of dresses to wear)

Labor Signs:  My cervix was still long and closed and posterior last week and my fetal fibronectin was negative again, so that was all good news.  I did get orders to increase my Procardia as needed (another perk of being a nurse).  So, I'm taking that about 4-5 times a day now. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting so much more flat.  If I go my remaining 8 weeks, I think it will definitely get completely flat.

What I miss: Walking without waddling and standing up and walking without feeling like I'm going to pee on myself all the time.

What I am looking forward to: My baby furniture getting delivered soon and my work baby shower on Friday!
  
Milestones: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment