Tuesday, May 31, 2011

31 weeks

 
How far along? 31 weeks

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 15 pounds

Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything at this point and I may never return to regular pants since maternity pants are so comfortable!

Stretch Marks? Nada

Sleep: Pretty decent, but still nothing like my pre-pregnancy sleep.  We finally took the box springs out of our bed and put plywood under our mattress last night, which made a huge difference for me in the middle of the night.  No more hoisting myself up into bed after my many potty trips!  :)

Best moment this week: We ordered blinds today.  I'm pretty excited about that.  Does that count?  That's about as exciting as my life got this week. 
Movement: Still lots of course!  Today it felt like she was playing a pin-ball machine in there.  I believe she flipped over the course of the holiday weekend.  She was transverse most of the weekend, which was NOT comfortable at all.  When I woke up this morning, I felt like she was straight up and down and today I've felt and seen all kinds of small parts moving in my upper right corner of my belly.  I'm hoping my doctor agrees with my assessment tomorrow at my appointment.  :)

Food cravings: McDonald's, guacamole, Ramen noodles...you know, all the healthiest things in life.

Food aversions: Chicken and eggs
  
Gender: Girl (if not, this little boy is gonna have one brightly colored room and a lot of dresses to wear)

Labor Signs:  Nothing new to report in this area this week.  I'm still contracting several times a day, some days more than others, but nothing that I've felt I needed to call my doctor about.  Some are more uncomfortable and some are just tight.  I have an appointment with Dr. Gaudreau tomorrow afternoon and she will check my cervix again and do another fetal fibronectin, so hopefully that will be reassuring.
 
Belly Button in or out? Still in

What I miss: Not having to roll in and out of bed.

What I am looking forward to: My first baby shower this coming weekend!!
  
Milestones: This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment