Tuesday, May 10, 2011

HELLO, 3rd Trimester!

How far along? 28 weeks

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 11 pounds....thank goodness I'm back down again!  Whew!

Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything at this point.

Stretch Marks? Nada...keep working for me, Bio Oil!  And I'm trying out the Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm too.

Sleep: Not too terrible, but still waking up every 1-2 hours to change positions/pee/etc.

Best moment this week: I've been sick with a bad GI bug for the last 5 days, so today is truly the best day of my whole week!  I'm finally feeling better AND I'm starting my 3rd trimester!
Movement: She's my little ninja with the hiccups.  :)

Food cravings: Seafood and ice cream.

Food aversions: Still chicken.
  
Gender: Girl (at least I hope she still is or I'm gonna have to start returning some things) 

Labor Signs: I'm still having random contractions, but nothing concerning.  I had about an hour and a half worth of stronger contractions that were every 2-5 minutes last week when my GI bug first started, and it was the first time I was really worried that I was going to have to go to the hospital.  :(  I took a Procardia and they finally went away.  I think my uterus was just a little cranky with all the "stuff" that was going on in my GI system.  But since, all has been well.

Belly Button in or out? Innie, although it's getting a lot more shallow and I'm wondering if it will eventually get flat.  The top of it is getting stretched a lot though and it itches all the time!

What I miss: Feeling normal and like myself.  I want this feeling back. 

What I am looking forward to: Hearing the results of my gestational diabetes test today!  (I have a good feeling I passed since I didn't feel bad AT ALL during it or even after all day.)
  
Milestones: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment