Friday, May 6, 2011

27 weeks

How far along? 27 weeks (and 3 days)...I'm a little behind this week

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 15 pounds...YIKES!  I blame this all on going to my hometown last weekend and eating a crap-ton of delicious, but not good for me food.

Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything at this point.

Stretch Marks? Nada...keep working for me, Bio Oil!  And I'm trying out the Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm too.

Sleep: Same as last week.

Best moment this week: I went shopping with my bestie, Angie yesterday and we also went to my OB appointment too.  It was fun to share that with her.  I've had some sort of virus the last few days, so there hasn't been much to be excited about this week.  I've been feeling really terrible.
Movement: Still moving a ton!  She gets the hiccups a lot!!!  Every day....sometimes multiple times a day.  Dr. Myers thought she was breech yesterday, but I'm not sure I believe it, to be honest.

Food cravings: Seafood!

Food aversions: Still chicken.
  
Gender: Girl (at least I hope she still is or I'm gonna have to start returning some things) 

Labor Signs: I'm still having random contractions, but definitely less this week than I have been having.  That makes me happy.  :)

Belly Button in or out? Innie, although it's getting a lot more shallow and I'm wondering if it will eventually get flat.  The top of it is getting stretched a lot though and it itches all the time!

What I miss: Feeling normal and like myself.  I want this feeling back.

What I am looking forward to: Getting my gestational diabetes test over with.  I was supposed to do it yesterday morning, but due to my illness, I wasn't able to.  Hopefully it will get done on Monday morning.
  
Milestones: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment