Thursday, July 21, 2011

38 weeks

How far along? 38 weeks (and 2 days)

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 29 pounds.  This swelling is killing me!

Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything at this point and I may never return to regular pants since maternity pants are so comfortable!  Most of my regular yoga and "comfy pants" don't even fit me across my belly anymore.

Stretch Marks? Nada.  That spot on my hip has never developed into a stretch mark after all. 

Sleep:  TERRIBLE!  I can't get comfortable in bed anymore.  I can't turn in bed without feeling like a beached whale.  I get up every 1-2 hours to pee.  I'm hot and sweaty even just sleeping in a t-shirt and with a sheet over me and a fan blowing on me and the A/C at 68 degrees. Now the couch seems a lot more comfortable than my bed.  UGH!

Best moment this week:  Matt went with me to my LAST doctor's appointment today.  I know he was super bored, but I liked having him there.  Then we went over to the office of one of the MFM doctors I work with for a "bonus" ultrasound where we got to see her profile, that she has some long hair, she's still breech with her feet and hands up by her face.  Her estimated fetal weight today was 7 pounds 4 ounces. 

Movement: Still very active, but not as many jabs and pokes as wiggles, stretches and pushing by her in there.  She is still breech and my C/S is scheduled for July 28th @ 9:30 am with Dr. Cleary.

Food cravings: Nothing really.

Food aversions: Chicken and eggs, although I have been able to eat a Chik-Fil-A sandwich here and there.
  
Gender: Girl...this was reconfirmed today, although again she wasn't super cooperative about showing the goods.

Labor Signs: Still lots of random contracting and cramping, but I'm still closed.  This doesn't really surprise me since there is nothing in my pelvis pushing against my cervix.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting pretty flat.

What I miss: Not having pitting edema on my ankles!  It is SO PAINFUL!  I also miss being able to sit, stand, walk, or lay down comfortably!  Thank you, Lord, that I wasn't this uncomfortable until recently!

What I am looking forward to: JULY 28th!
  
Milestones: Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.  Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're having a baby next week!!!! EEEKK! Can't wait to hold her!

    ReplyDelete