Wednesday, July 27, 2011

39 weeks

How far along? 39 weeks (and 1 day)

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 28 pounds.....somehow I lost a pound even though my swelling is worse this week.  I'll take it!

Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything at this point and I may never return to regular pants since maternity pants are so comfortable!  Most of my regular yoga and "comfy pants" don't even fit me across my belly anymore.

Stretch Marks? Nada.  That spot on my hip has never developed into a stretch mark after all. 

Sleep:  Not too bad in the last few days.  I've had some 4 hour stretches of sleep, which has been really nice.

Best moment this week:  Girls' weekend and NKOTBSB concert with my work girls!!!  Some much needed girl time before this baby arrives!

Movement: Still very active, especially today, which I'm cherishing since it's really my last day to feel her move inside me.  Tomorrow she'll be in our arms!

Food cravings: Nothing really.

Food aversions: Chicken and eggs, although I have been able to eat a Chik-Fil-A sandwich here and there.
  
Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: Still lots of random contracting and cramping, but I'm still closed.  This doesn't really surprise me since there is nothing in my pelvis pushing against my cervix.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting pretty flat.

What I miss: Not having pitting edema on my ankles!  It is SO PAINFUL!  I also miss being able to sit, stand, walk, or lay down comfortably!  Thank you, Lord, that I wasn't this uncomfortable until recently!

What I am looking forward to: The arrival of our little girl TOMORROW!
  
Milestones: Your baby's waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

My guess for her weight at birth tomorrow???  7 pounds 7 ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment