Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A huge milestone....37 weeks...aka TERM!

How far along? 37 weeks (and 1 day)

Due Date: August 2, 2011

Total weight gain/loss: 27 pounds.  This swelling is killing me!

Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything at this point and I may never return to regular pants since maternity pants are so comfortable!

Stretch Marks? There is one little spot on my right hip that I can't tell if it's a stretch mark in the making or not.  Other than that, none.

Sleep:  TERRIBLE!  I can't get comfortable in bed anymore.  I can't turn in bed without feeling like a beached whale.  I get up every 1-2 hours to pee.  I'm hot and sweaty even just sleeping in a t-shirt and with a sheet over me and a fan blowing on me and the A/C at 68 degrees. 

Best moment this week:  Reaching this milestone was my biggest goal met yet!  I'm super happy about this!

Movement: Still very active, but not as many jabs and pokes as wiggles, stretches and pushing by her in there.  She is still breech and my C/S is scheduled for July 28th @ 9:30 am with Dr. Cleary.

Food cravings: Nothing really.

Food aversions: Chicken and eggs, although I have been able to eat a Chik-Fil-A sandwich here and there.
  
Gender: Girl (if not, this little boy is gonna have one brightly colored room and a lot of dresses to wear)

Labor Signs: Still lots of random contracting and cramping, but I'm assuming my cervix is still closed.  No sign of my mucous plug or any spotting.  

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting pretty flat.

What I miss: Not having pitting edema on my ankles!  It is SO PAINFUL!  I also miss being able to sit, stand, walk, or lay down comfortably!  Thank you, Lord, that I wasn't this uncomfortable until recently!

What I am looking forward to: JULY 28th!
  
Milestones: 
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment